About Destination Salem
The Office of Tourism & Cultural Affairs for Salem, Massachusetts
As the official destination marketing organization for the City of Salem, Destination Salem cooperatively markets Salem as one of Massachusetts’ best destinations for families, couples, domestic, and international travelers who are seeking an authentic New England experience, cultural enrichment, American history, fine dining, unique shopping and fun.
The organization is a non-profit, public-private partnership funded by both the City of Salem and the businesses that invest in advertising in the annual Salem City Guide & Map and the annual Guide to Haunted Happenings.
- Destination Salem
- Shipping: 120 Washington Street, 3rd Floor (Temporary office location during construction, through March 2013)
- Mailing: PO Box 630
- Salem, Massachusetts 01970
- 877 SALEM MA (725-3662) Toll Free | (978) 744-3663 Telephone
- (978) 741-7539 Fax
Destination Salem cooperatively markets, promotes, and manages tourism in Salem. The organization advocates the kind of tourism which improves the quality of life for Salem residents and provides the greatest economic benefits to Salem's tax payers. Destination Salem strives to take a leadership position in the development and promotion of high-end, year-round tourism.
Destination Salem's marketing initiatives focus on the following markets: Leisure Travelers, Regional Visitors, Group Tour, LGBT Visitors, International Travelers, and Cruise Passengers. The organization strategically places destination advertising and organizes cooperative advertising to reach audiences in these markets.
- Kate Fox, Executive Director
- Stacia Cooper, Sales Manager
2013 Board of Directors
- Karen Gahagan, Salem State University Center for the Arts
- Ann Massey, Rouge Cosmetics
- Second Vice-President
- Thomas MacDonald, Hawthorne Hotel
- Susan Lippman, Essex National Heritage Commission
- Tammy Harrington, Salem Trolley
- Betty Bouchard, Trolley Depot & Salemdipity
- David Bowie, The Picklepot / Salem Spice
- George Carey, Finz Seafood
- Bill Carroll, Salem Waterfront Hotel & Marina
- Claudia Chuber, Peabody Essex Museum
- Jim Hurrell, Witch Dungeon, Witch History & New England Pirate Museums
- Helen Medler, Hawthorne Tours
- Julie Rose, City of Salem Resident
- Karen Scalia, Salem Food Tours
- Mayor Kimberley Driscoll, City of Salem
- Bill Legault, Salem City Council
- Rinus Oosthoek, Salem Chamber of Commerce
2014 Salem Guide
Click here for the 2014 Salem Guide Insertion Order and advertising specifications.