Winter Island Light

Maritime, Maritime

Winter Island Light, or the Fort Pickering Lighthouse was established in 1871 as part of the joint effort with the Derby Wharf Light Station and Hospital Point Light Station in Beverly to safely direct ships into Salem harbor regardless of the times of day they were coming in. Now primarily used as a campsite and recreational area, guests are welcome to visit the exterior of Winter Island Light, which is accessible at 50 Winter Island Road.

Information

978-745-9430

50 Winter Island Road, Salem, MA 01970

Social

Salem.org