Witch Trials Memorial

History, Witch, Attractions

Designed by the architect/artist team of James Cutler and Maggie Smith, the Witch Trials Memorial was made possible by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts and has won national critical acclaim. It was dedicated on August 5, 1992, by Nobel Laureate Eli Wiesel.

Strikingly simple, the memorial is surrounded by handcrafted granite dry wall, with an inscribed stone threshold. The benches are inscribed with the names of the accused, the means, and the dates of execution.

The Witch Trials Memorial is located on Liberty Street between Charter Street and Derby Street, and is open from dawn till dusk.

Information

978-740-1250

Liberty Street, Salem, MA

Social

Witch Trials Memorial

Salem.org