Weddings and Special Events
Salem is a wonderful place to plan a wedding or special event. Select from traditional or contemporary venues that will make your event unique and memorable. You will discover each venue and each menu in Salem has unique qualities that offer a range of options to suit your expectations.
You can do it all in Salem - from the perfect setting to make-up, wedding rings to flowers, cakes to photographers, inns and hotels for your wedding party and a great destination for your guests - Salem is a unique city that can provide historic, maritime, artistic, contemporary, indoor, or outdoor settings for your very special event.
For information on obtaining a Marriage License, visit Salem.com . (Please note: Salem City Hall is open 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday - Wednesday, 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM Thursday, and 8:00 AM - 12:00 Noon on Friday.) If you have specific questions, please contact Destination Salem at (978) 744-3663 or email@example.com
- 231 Essex Street, Salem, MA 01970
- (978) 745-2411
- A breathtaking ballroom, rich in history and architecture with cathedral ceilings and hardwood floors. Accommodates functions of 50 to 250.
- 9 Chestnut Street, Salem, MA 01970
- The scene of impressive social gatherings since it was built in 1805, Hamilton Hall features an elegant ballroom that graciously accommodates up to 160 guests for dinner and dancing.
The Hawthorne Hotel
- 18 Washington Square West, Salem, MA 01970
- The ballroom is a gorgeous space for elegant weddings; 18-foot Palladian windows overlook Salem Common, for sweeping views in all seasons. Award-winning chefs will create cuisine as superb as the setting!
The House of the Seven Gables
- 115 Derby Street, Salem, MA 01970
- 978.744.0991 ext. 104
- Hold your wedding, event, shower, meeting, or family reunion at the House of the Seven Gables, where you can select from the beautiful seaside gardens, the historic Colonial Hooper Hathaway House, or the contemporary Plumsock Room.
Peabody Essex Museum
- 161 Essex Street, Salem, MA 01970
- With a stunning atrium and elegant galleries, halls and gardens, PEM offers a variety of unique and inspiring settings ideal for weddings, corporate meetings and holiday parties.
Old Town Hall
- 32 Derby Square, Salem, MA 01970
- Salem's 1816 Old Town Hall features Palladian windows, delicate molding, columns, and hardwood floors. A lovely setting for a variety of gatherings. Each floor accommodates up to 200 people.
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
- 225 Derby Street, Salem, MA 01970
- This boutique hotel is the top choice for brides in need of relaxation and perfection. 86 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites. 4,800 square feet of meeting / banquet space. Indoor pool, fitness center, restaurant, marina.
Capt.'s Waterfront Grill & Pub
- Pickering Wharf, 94 Wharf Street, Salem, MA 01970
- Capt's Waterfront is a lovely setting for group gatherings and functions. We host corporate parties, luncheons, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, reunions, birthdays, anniversaries, and more. Menus can be crafted for adults and children.
Finz Seafood & Grill
- Pickering Wharf, 76 Wharf Street, Salem, MA 01970
- Enjoy the views of Salem harbor from Finz' gracious second floor function room. Menus include specialty creations as well as more traditional stations, buffets and plated dinner options. The room offers seating for 30-110 guests and standing cocktail space for up to 160.
Mahi Mahi Cruises
- Salem Willows Pier, Salem, MA 01970
- A Mahi Mahi private charter provides a unique setting and a truly memorable and enjoyable experience for your wedding or special event.
- 8 Central Street, Salem, MA 01970
- The Salem Trolley can provide transportation for 32-38 passengers aboard one of our replica turn-of-the-century trolleys. For weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, birthday parties, parades, family reunions, proms and school events, let us help make your event memorable, safe, and stress-free.
- 322 Derby Street, Salem, MA 01970
- In Store as well as On Site services for the entire bridal party. Rouge make-up artists have over 30 years of combined experience and have helped countless brides to look and feel absolutely beautiful on the big day.
Jewelry & Registry
roost Urban Country Design
- Front Street, Salem, MA 01970
- RoostSalem.com | 978.744.HOME
- roost is the hottest spot to find an original mix of art, furniture, gifts, accessories, lighting, jewelry & bath products.
Treasures Over Time
- 139 Washington Street, Salem, MA 01970
- Offering a mix of unique, hand-selected jewelry, including engagement, commitment and wedding rings and gifts.
For a list of churches and places to worship in Salem, please visit the online guide on Salem.org.
First Universalist Society of Salem
211 Bridge Street, Salem, MA 01970
- First Universalist is a welcoming congregation. Weddings can be held in the church for up to 400 guests, and Bolles Hall is available to rent for receptions for up to 150 guests.
The Gazebo on Salem Common
- City of Salem Park & Recreation Department
- (978) 744-0180, ext. 20
- 102 Wharf Street, Salem
- (978) 741-1850
- A family-run digital press that specializes in elegant, custom printing for all your wedding needs. Save the Date announcements, shower invitations, wedding invitations, RSVPs, directions, itineraries, table place holders, belly bands, envelope liners, calligraphy and more! So many papers to choose from, so little time…..
Jared Charney Photography